Experience rock star treatment at Moorilla and MONA. Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art, is Australia’s largest privately owned gallery and museum. Showcasing the diverse collection of its owner, Tasmanian man David Walsh, the collection ranges from ancient Egyptian funerary objects to modernist masterpieces and international contemporary art. Since opening in 2011, visitors have been drawn to Mona’s picturesque site on the banks of the River Derwent, which also features luxury accommodation, a restaurant, vineyard and winery – amongst other things.
Upon arrival at the Hobart Airport, you’ll be greeted by Mona’s chauffeur and driven to Mona. Check-in/run amok in your luxurious home for the next two nights: one of Mona’s eight pavilions, each named after Australian artists and architects. There’ll be a complimentary bottle of Moorilla Vintage Sparkling awaiting you, but be sure to peruse your private wine cellar, too. Breakfast in The Source Restaurant is included, as is a hosted introduction to Mona and plenty of time to explore the galleries (museum entry is on the house, obviously).
Throughout your stay, you can also indulge in as little or as many of the following activities as you wish:
• A five-course degustation lunch (Wednesday – Monday) or dinner (Friday and Saturday) in The Source Restaurant – complete with matched wines from Moorilla’s Cloth Label Series.
• Oysters, charcuterie, bread, cheese and people watching, plus a glass of wine from our Praxis Series, in The Wine Bar.
• Moorilla and Moo Brew tastings at Cellar Door, or whisky in The Void Bar.
• A private behind-the-scenes tour of the winery and vineyard guided by Moorilla’s Ambassador, or Winemaker (if he’s about). Taste the wine as it is being made, following the trail of grapes as they are handpicked, crushed, pressed, fermented and matured. You’ll also get all the goss about Moorilla, David Walsh and Claudio Alcorso, who planted Moorilla’s first vines. Tour includes a tailored tasting of Moorilla’s Praxis and Muse Series in the fancy underground Barrel Room, plus a complimentary bottle of our most celebrated wine, the Muse Pinot noir, to take home.
• And finally, the pièce de résistance: private pre-dinner drinks and oysters in the Void Bar, Mona’s lowest level, followed by a three-course feast and matched Moorilla wines in our premier private dining space – the Organ Room (also within Mona).
When you’re ready to leave, you’ll be chauffeured to the airport or into Hobart. From start to finish, you’ll be given the utmost care and attention to make your stay with Mona a decadent experience of art, food, relaxation and wine. Reality check: you’re a nobody again.
Tour Duration： 2 Nights